Assert provides the following services for people with AS and HFA:
- One to one support and advice
- Benefits advice and support
- Monthly drop in for people with AS/HFA
- Monthly mutual support group for parents, partners and carers of people with AS/HFA
- One to one support for parents, partners and carers of people with AS/HFA
- Social events and social inclusion activities for people with AS/HFA
- Resource Library
- Monthly Peer Support Group
- Advocacy and liaison with statutory services on behalf of individuals.
- Support for people with AS/HFA in accessing volunteering opportunities with other charities and community groups
- Two Life Skills courses
- Emotions Untangled Course delivered in partnership with the Neurobehavioral Clinic
- Autism and Identity Course delivered in partnership with the Neurobehavioral Clinic
- One to one sessions on Resilience and Self Management
- A monthly well-being walking group
- Training for organisations on Autism Awareness
- Training and ongoing support for volunteers
Other services of Assert
Assert can also provide information and advice to services and organisations that work with people with AS and HFA.
Assert can provide training to other professionals wanting to increase their knowledge of working with people with AS and HFA.
Assert can support other non profit organisations wanting to recruit new volunteers by using our matching service and placing our members with your group as a volunteer.
Assert promotes, encourages and supports good practice in working with people with AS and HFA.
Assert also participates in campaigning and lobbying for autism rights.